FRAME DYNAMICS AND DESIGN
How will you frame your subject? When we take a picture we look through the viewfinder and frame the world in that rectangle. Sometimes the influence is
very subtle and sometimes much more insistent and challenging. We will teach you effective ways to compose and frame your photos and make deliberate decisions about your compositions.
Fill the frame! You will hear this advice frequently. But is it good advice? When should you fill the frame? Do you know how to make creative choices about filling the frame or not with your subject.
We will be covering some of the core compositional devices that you can use to design your images and give them more visual appeal.
Our creativity series concentrates on composition and design skills to help you find and articulate your photographic vision.
- Filling the frame
- Positive and negative space
- Framing, dynamics and balance
- Frame within a frame
- Panoramas - stitching and extending the frame
- A DSLR is helpful but not required for this course.
- To get the most from this course, you will need to shoot new photos using the lesson materials.
HOW IT WORKS
- On the course start date you will receive an email reminder when the lesson and assignment becomes available on the website.
- This short course includes one comprehensive lesson in PDF format with detailed instructions and an assignment. You will have two weeks including two weekends to work on your assignment.
- After completing the assignment you will upload your photos to the website.
- Your instructor reviews your photos and offers constructive comments.
- You can ask questions and discuss ideas with your classmates.
Next session TBA
|COURSE MATERIALS ONLY
|Purchase the course materials only for this course as an on-demand tutorial for instant access with no instructor.
Visit our On-Demand Tutorials for details.