Learn to take beautiful, compelling headshots of horses! You will learn how to take pro quality headshots using the same tips and techniques that we use.
You'll learn which settings to use and when to use them, all explained in easy to understand plain language. Transform your photos from snapshots into award winning photos.
This course is the first in a series of short courses covering horse photography basics. These courses are for any one who wants to improve their horse photography for
every reason from capturing precious memories to making better photos of their horses for sale.
A headshot is a portrait of a horse. Like all portraits it needs to be captivating and expressive. There are two
main types of headshots that we cover in this course. The first type is where the horse is being handled by a person
and the second is where the horse is a liberty in the pasture. We will be discussing the differences in capturing
these shots with plenty of specifics to help you get great results.
There are several key settings for getting control of your camera to take a beautiful headshot. This course covers
exposure and focus settings, camera angles, shooting techinques and tips of composing your photos.
- Choosing the right lens
- Camera settings
- Getting the best camera angles
- Tips for focusing
- How to blur your background
- Backgrounds that work
- Posing your horse
- Using a helper
- Getting beautiful expressions
- Finding the right light
- You must have access to horses to photograph
- You must have a basic understanding of your camera
- You may not use previously shot work for this course
- A DSLR camera is preferred but not required
HOW IT WORKS
- You will receive a reminder email on the course start date when your lesson is ready.
- This course includes one written lesson in PDF format consisting of our best photography tips, detailed instructions and a photo assignment.
- You will have two weeks including two weekends to work on your assignment.
- You can ask questions, post work in progress, ask for help or chat with your classmates or instructors as you work on your assignment. We are here to help and a lively discussion makes the class a richer experience for everyone.
- After shooting the assignment you will upload your photos to the website by the due date and we will critique your photos and give you helpful advice and tips.
- The class is open for a month and we can answer any follow up questions you have after the critiques.
Next session TBA
|COURSE MATERIALS ONLY
|Purchase the course materials only for this course as an on-demand tutorial for instant access with no instructor.
Visit our On-Demand Tutorials for details.