Please read and understand our
|Self Directed Tutorial
|Winter & Snow Photography - Materials Only
This tutorial includes the course materials only for our Selective Focus and Background Blur course. This tutorial is for self-directed learning with no instructor, assignment or critique. For the instructor taught version of this course click here.
Improve your winter photography! Winter has lots to offer, it's a winter wonderland out there. All winter photos are welcome, snow, landscapes, animals, details, anything snowy or wintry. We'll also cover ideas for shooting the winter landscape when you have no snow. In this lesson you will learn how to expose correctly for the snow and how to focus in falling snow. We'll get into the best camera settings to use and discuss the unique qualities of winter light and how to use them to improve your photos. In this lesson you will learn how to expose for the snow and how to focus in falling snow.
- Exposure - exposing for your subject, bracketing, exposure compensation
- Shooting in a snow storm
- Finding things to shoot when you have no snow
- Focusing - auto-focus, manual focus
- Camera settings
- Preparation - staying warm and dry, you and your gear
- How to protect your gear
- Locations & Subjects - landscapes, ice patterns, snowmen, animals, decorations
- Light - overcast, sunshine, reflective, soft, harsh, contrasty
This tutorial is a 15 page PDF of instructions and examples.
Add To Cart